Here are a few bugs I have found with the program. I will also include a few suggestions too.
1. When you select elder sign dice in the options and then go to the dice roller and add 15 dice they revert to regular dice.
2. There is no way to back to the main menu when you go to select a character unless you select a character.
3. There is no way to select the Inner Sanctum from the game board when you select the Silver Twilight lodge.
1. Add a way to select an encounter card through a radial menu. First select the town, then select the neighborhood and then the location. With three touches you could be at each location encounter without haveing to move through the bogged down menu system. (Although you would need 4 for some places/expansions IE. Inner Sanctum and other cult encounters at woods etc.)
2. Remove the cards in the outer world that say draw again or put a shortcut to draw another card for the same location right there on the card. It is annoying to get one of those cards and then have to back to the menu and go again. I understand they are needed because the program is throwing out the rest of the card encounters (at least I hope it is, I have not run into a duplicate encounter yet in the OW encounter.).
3. Display the number of cards left in a deck somewhere.
4. Let us customize the decks. There should be an option to remove certain cards before play and then save those decks as custom decks for use later.
|Page 1 of 1 (7 messages)||1|
Based on he fact that I take my games between work and home, it would be nice if there was a way to track the board's current setup. If I'm playing a solitaire round at work, it would be nice if I could easily record what's happening for when I go home, so I can easily continue my game. Also being a bit of a stats freak, it would really be coold if there was something that I could keep track of all that stuff with. Although, I admit that that may require too much space for an iphone or ipod to be worth it.
I have had some issues with the dice not going out into the play area. A can hear the rattling sound, but they don't show up, and it doesn't register any successes. Most of the time it does work, but every once in a while... That being said, I know it may sound like I don't like the app very much, but I have found it to be useful and really good for the most part..
Everyone should use the User Support link (bottom of page) to be reporting bugs etc. to FFG for action.
Re #3, you select Inner Sanctum by tapping on that part of board/square not the main one (expand map if needed).
Other bugs given the game's rules that I have noted:
#4, when using Miskatonic Horror app and others, the app may bring up Other World encounters that are inapplicable - e.g. Kingsport rift ones when Kingsport not selected.
Improvements not bugs:
(a) Some characters or locations (e.g., Innsmouth Jail) have the option of drawing multiple location cards and choosing which to experience. However the app's "show last card" feature doesn't last between card selections. An improved feature would allow a special feature to draw multiples/hold memory of them or such.
(b) Other Worlds - some automated draws are blank with "draw again" - this should be automated.
(c) Other Worlds - the "reshuffled deck" draw should also be automated and it should be clear that the app is "ignoring already drawn ones" until that card comes up.
I downloaded all the expansions, including Miskatonic and the revised Dark Pharaoh. I noticed that I cannot bring up Black Goat cult encounters from the Miskatonic Horror expansion. I've drawn from the cult encounters deck like 100 times and I have never seen a card from Miskatonic Horror. I see MH encounters for Another Time, Y'ha-nthlei, and Dunwich Village, but not for cult encounters. Has anyone successfully brought up an MH cult encounter? If no one has, I'm going to report it as a bug.
My holy water is in my other pants.
There was just an update to the App but it seems minor. I've sent the following request others may wish to echo.
For the folks who handle the Arkham Horror Toolkit App.
The app is great but needs improvements. #1 below is a matter of efficiency, #2 is a matter of making the app actually useable with Innsmouth and with some Investigator characters.
(1) It needs to automate the "Other, draw another card" draws in Other Worlds or better yet automate skipping them.
(2) Its display last card drawn feature needs to go back multiple cards for locations. Characters that have the special ability to draw 2 location encounters and choose one need to be able to review those cards, they can't currently. Encounters in Arkham that allow going to another location and drawing 2 encounters, choosing the one you want can't do this - a player has to remember the draw. Furthermore, in Innsmouth at the Jail there is a need to allow the same feature as the check made when in jail allows drawing multiple encounter cards.
Generally, it would be nice to have an ipad-designed version that takes advantage of ipad sizing etc.
Thanks for any of this you can accomplish.
I've found that the recent updates have really made this app run a lot smoother. It was a great app even though there were some bugs at first. Now that it works better it's an amazing app. I love it.
So I'm guessing based on the previous comment and lack of activity in this thread recently that it does work well now?
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. -Terry Pratchett
|Page 1 of 1 (7 messages)||1|